"Go Green" Polywhey Natural stains and finishes now available!
Stains, Polyurethanes, wood flooring and more....
Deciding what you want in a wood floor can become a overwhelming task. I've broken down the selection process into steps in order to assist you in finding the flooring that is the best fit for you. Of course if you need assistance...you can arrange a consult and I can walk you through each step.
First decision to make in Wood Flooring - Pre-Finished or Unfinished Species, Grades......
Call 865-405-2310/865-304-4885 or Click here for a free consultation!
Brands and Lines of Wood flooring available if you decide to go Prefinished - contact for pricing
Stains....Brands and the selection process
The stain process begins by selecting a total of 4 stain choices from Brands below. The 4 stain choices can be a combination of the Brands.
For example: 2 from Minwax...1 from Sherwin Williams and 1 from Varathane.
Once selected...the 4 choices will be applied to the newly sanded unfinished floor for final selection.
Minwax® Wood Finish™ is an oil-based wood stain that provides long-lasting wood tone color. It penetrates deep into the pores to seal and protect the wood. Minwax® Wood Finish™ is available in 22 wood tone colors and can be used to enhance any bare or stripped wood surface. It is ideal for staining furniture, cabinets, doors, trim, molding, and hardwood floors.
Designed for use on interior wood surfaces - fixtures, furniture, cabinets and more. Fast-drying - recoat in 2 hours.
VARATHANE®Premium Fast Dry Wood Stain
Bring out the beauty of natural wood—lightning fast—with Rust-Oleum® Varathane® Fast Dry Wood Stain. This high-performance stain features nano pigments, which intensify color clarity and highlight wood grain, delivering the perfect shade in just one coat.
Coatings - Sealers and Polyurethane
This patented, professional-grade formula penetrates to fill and seal wood pores completely. Improves top-coat adhesion and adds a rich tone to domestic and exotic wood alike.
Commercial Water Base Polyurethane - Bona Mega
Premium Water Base Polyurethane - Bona Mega HD
KEY BENEFITS• No amber tint - finish will not yellow over time
• 2 component, crosslinked formula - improved chemical resistance and increased scuff/scratch resistance over Bona Mega
• No limited pot life and no wasted finish
• Exceptional build and clarity
• Excellent flow and leveling
• Available in gloss, semi-gloss or satin
• GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified
• Fast drying - approximately 2-3 hours
• Nonflammable and virtually odorless
• Water clean-up
A traditional wood floor finish. This quality, professional polyurethane is recommended for any interior wood surface where a protective finish is required. With over 50% solids, this product formula leaves a high build protective clear finish ideal for commercial and residential applications. Pro Finisher Oil Based Polyurethane is resistant to abrasion, alcohol, water, strong sunlight and high traffic. Pro Finisher Oil Base Polyurethane has a slightly richer color than many consumer polyurethanes. This is the result of using higher quality resins and cobalt dryers for better wear resistance and faster drying times.
PolyWhey Floor finish is an evolved clear coating that uses recycled whey protein to make a durable and safe sealer and topcoat in one. Features:
- oldest and truly "original" product, since 1910.
- Like all of our Tung oil finishes, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources.
- Formulated as a traditional interior penetrating Tung oil finish.
- Forms a protective yet elastic finish against common household spills, moisture and foot traffic.
- Penetrates and waterproofs when used as a finishing system in multiple coats on it’s own or in conjunction with Waterlox Original Satin Finish or Waterlox Original High Gloss Finish.
- Easier to maintain than other interior clear finishes or surface finishes
Tykote Dustless Recoating/Screening is Green - Call for price per sq ft.
The Tykote 4 step process allows for a quick turnaround. Your floor can be treated and recoated the same day without dust; without the noise of sanders and the traditional mess of recoating/screening. The process works with site-finished and most prefinished wood floors and laminates.
SHUR-LINE APPLICATION PADS
Faster than a brush, smoother than a roller
Although complete dust free sanding is almost impossible, reducing dust is not. The Dust Deputy allows the majority of sandng dust to be trapped and removed from your home.
Water vs. Oil
Consultations and Estimates